Yield: 2 servings
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2-3 ounces egg noodles
- 2-3 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 cup cooked mushrooms (see instructions here)
- 4 ounces cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons ginger-scallion sauce
- 1 small red Fresno or red jalapeno chile, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
2. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
3. Add the noodles and cook according to package directions. Four minutes before the noodles are done, add the peas and pearl onions. Continue to cook at a low boil for 4 minutes or until noodles are done and peas are crisp-tender.
4. Reduce the heat to a bare simmer and stir in the mushrooms and chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until meat and mushrooms are heated through. Adjust seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
5. When ready to serve, ladle the soup into two large bowls. Top with a large spoonful of ginger-scallion sauce and sprinkle with scallion and Fresno chile, if using.