- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil; separated
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chile powder*
- 1 clove garlic; finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Heat oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add rice and cook (stirring frequently to prevent burning) for 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, green pepper and chile powder and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
4. Add tomatoes, chicken stock and salt and bring to a boil. Cover tightly cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to sit, covered, for another 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.*Recipe for chile powder.