Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. small new potatoes (about 1" diameter)
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper; seeded and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dark beer
- 1 clove garlic; chopped
- 1 dried New Mexico chile; seeded and broken into pieces
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked hot Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp. red or white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes until tender — about 10 minutes. Drain and quarter.
2. Using a blender or small food processor grind together garlic, cumin, chilies, and paprika. Add vinegar.
3. Heat olive oil over medium high heat.
4. Add potatoes and bell pepper and brown potatoes.
5. Add beer and cook until almost dry.
6. Stir in vinegar/spice mixture, taking care to coat all potatoes. Add salt to taste and serve.
And here's a different take from SpanishFood.About.com.