Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 md. Yukon gold potatoes; skin on and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lg. garlic clove; finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 375F.
2. Arrange a layer of potatoes in the bottom of a small casserole or soufflé dish (6" - 7" in diameter).
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, 1/3 of the garlic, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat for two more layers.
4. Add chicken stock, slowly pouring in along the edge to avoid disturbing the layers.
5. Cover snugly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for 20 minutes until browned.