Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/2 md. onion, peeled and sliced into half rounds
- 1/2 sm. cabbage, sliced and cored (about 2 cups)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into thin wedges (I like Braeburn)
- 2 Tbsp. Madeira
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 4 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Cook bacon over medium heat to desired crispness in a skillet or saute pan. Cool and chop coarsley.
2. Add onions and cook until translucent.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients (including bacon) and cover.
4. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender.