Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 oz. pancetta; chopped
- 3 anchovy filets; rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 lg. garlic clove; chopped
- Additional salt to taste
1. Trim the bottom 2 - 3 inches of stem and discard. Then coarsely chop remaining greens, stems, and florets.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil with 2 tablespoons of salt.
3. Cook rabe in boiling water for five minutes, then drain.
4. Place a skillet over medium-low heat and add olive oil, pancetta, anchovies, and garlic. Cook until garlic is just beginning to brown; about 5 minutes. The anchovies should melt into the oil.
5. Increase heat to medium high. Add rabe to skillet and cook, stirring frequently until mixture is hot. Serve immediately.