Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 apples; peeled, cored, and diced*
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. rum, apple brandy, or water
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 6 - 8 grates of fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- Pinch of salt
1. Add enough rum, apple brandy, or water to a small sauce-pan to just cover the bottom.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and stir to blend. Place over low heat, partially cover, and simmer gently until apples are tender - about 30 minutes.
*My favorite cooking apple these days is Braeburns, but in this case I used a combination of Granny Smiths and Gala.