Yield: 2 servings
- 5-6 ounces broccoli florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2-3 teaspoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Pinch kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2. Arrange the broccoli florets evenly in a collapsible steamer basket and place the basket in the pan.
3. Cover the pan and steam the broccoli for 5 to 7 minutes (5 minutes will give you a tender-crisp texture; cooking for 7 minutes will produce completely tender broccoli).
4. Remove from the pan and place in a small bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a small jar with a lid and shake to combine (or whisk thoroughly in a small bowl).
6. Pour over the broccoli and toss gently. Let the broccoli cool to room temperature before serving.
Creamy anchovy-caper vinaigrette is another great dressing for steamed broccoli.