Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 2.
- 1/2 lb. thick asparagus*; woody ends broken off
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or tarragon, dill, oregano, or marjoram)
- 2 tsp. excellent olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 thin slices lemon
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Tear off an 8-inch wide sheet of parchment paper and cut in half cross- wise to produce 2 8 x 8 sheets.
3. On a plate, brush asparagus with olive oil and lightly salt.
4. Arrange half of spears on each sheet of parchment. Add fresh herb sprigs.
5. Tear each slice of prosciutto into pieces and arrange on asparagus. Then add lemon slices.
6. Wrap parchment long-ways over asparagus and make several folds to seal in a neat bundle.
7. Then fold each end to form a triangle and fold over length-ways. Tie with twine or simply staple (as Melissa did). See image
8. Place packets fold-side up on a baking sheet and cook 40 to 50 minutes.
*My asparagus averaged about 1/2-inch in diameter at the base before removing ends and 40 minutes was about right, thicker asparagus is probably better in general and needs 50 minutes. I wouldn't try this with thinner asparagus - it will just turn to mush.