From the article: Sandwiches: An Image Gallery
Sandwiches, in their various forms, are popular around the world whether it's a Gyro in Greece, a Mufaletta in New Orleans, or a Bahn Mi in Vietnam. What's your favorite sandwich and where's it from?
Anything Between 2 Slices of Bread
- Just about anything between two slices of good multigrain bread, but my real favourite is left over cold meats smothered in my homemade zucchini & button squash pickles. Where is it famous? Only at my place, sorry.
- —Guest Bill Meiers
- South Jersey's Submarine sandwuch, there are NONE better.
- —Guest Lily
Love a Good Deli!!
- My favorite sandwich is from a little deli in Wilmington, NC -- the College Rd Deli (close to the university) and they have an AWESOME (!!!) Beef on Weck!! For those not familiar, think of the best roast beef au jus and then make it about 10 times better! They slow roast their beef and get the weck rolls shipped from up north where the sandwich got it's start. To the person who asked about a chicken cheese steak -- it's a philly cheese steak with chicken sliced up instead of beef. They have a good one of those in Wilmington also, at J. Michael's Philly Deli ("They really Philly you up!"). My favorite anywhere sandwich is a turkey club too.
- —Guest Connie B
pumpkin in pita bread
- pumpkin in pita bread is one of my favourites, it is a regular breakfast menu in trinidad.
- —Guest ruth singh
- I love the Cuban 'medianoche'....smaller version of the 'Cubano' but made with a slightly sweet bread
- Oh my, I DO so love a good reuben sandwich smothered with sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and lots of melty gooey cheese. But my favorite? I'm going with a good ol' grilled hamburger. I form my patty around a generous slab of butter mixed with fresh minced jalapeno peppers. It really adds a nice flavor! (Every now and then you gotta chuck the healthy stuff!)
- —Guest Handful
- Carol, I've never had a pimento cheese that I enjoyed - but I keep trying. Tom, Is that a chicken-fried steak sandwich with cheese? If so, I might be able to help you with that. But I've never heard of a "chicken cheese steak."
Chicken Cheese Steak
- I love these, however, I have been unable to duplicate at home
- —Guest Tom
- There's nothing like my homemade Pimento Cheese on a good crusty Italian bread.
It's a tough question...
- but I'd have to say meatloaf with arugula and mango chutney!
- —Guest Syrie W.
- Favorite healthy sandwich is a whole-wheat pita stuffed with chicken salad made using fat-free Greek yogurt, celery, apple and black pepper. Favorite "other" sandwich is bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado, with a light touch of mayo, on toasted sourdough. My favorite sandwich after Thanksgiving is a Turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich on toasted whole grain. Yum!
- —Guest FionaH
Dutch Shrimp & Cucumber Sandwich
- I love the tiny pinkish-grey shrimp that are native to our waters. My Dutch Shrimp and Cucumber sandwich with mustard mayonnaise is one of my all-time favorites. For the recipe: http://dutchfood.about.com/od/sandwiches/r/ShrimpCucumberSandwiches.htm
- Made with whole wheat bread, butter, and that packaged fake American cheese that melts so perfectly. There's nothing more comforting!
Reubens, Apples and Cheese
- I love a great reuben. But one of favorites lately is sliced green apples and sharp, thinly sliced parmesan cheese with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts and a drizzle of honey. So yummy!
Probably a Reuben
- It's hard to beat tuscan bread baked in a wood fried oven and home-cured prosciutto, but I do occasionally have a hankering for a Reuben...
1-15 of 25Next